A place I go to waste time and put off actually WRITING movie scripts. Join me.

Thursday, September 08, 2005

You had me at "Hello".

Mission Statement (and Disclaimer).

This page, 'A severe case of writer's blog...', was founded in September of 2005 to provide advice on the art of screenwriting, especially to new writers, as well as to promote useful and contemporary discussion of the current state of screenwriting and moviemaking in order to build a base of like-minded people who will (hopefully) go ahead and have both fulfilling and creative careers within the industry.

What this page won't do, however, is to give you major insights into what it takes to break into and survive Hollywood... simply because I haven't done that bit yet.

There is one important thing to remember at all times about screenwriting - indeed about any creative art - and that is that great work will find it's market, irrespective of from where it comes.

That's the bit I'm trying to help with. The 'great work' bit.

I may not be able to give you Stephen Spielberg's mobile number (I'm keeping that one to myself!), but I can sure as Hell steer you around the potholes that'll get you laughed out of his office when you do get there.

(At least, I hope I can...)

Next week, we begin.

J.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you go jimmy you mate!
top top idea, by forming a kind of creative cousil so to speak we can do nothing but learn from one anothers mistakes and further develop our own ideas from different creative outlooks, as this is what makes us all so individual. I myself am no screen writer(i couldnt write a script to save myself), but i am on the slow and steady road to animation, just one of the many forms of meadia to bring to life the creative world that lies within your head:) so im all for "creative collaboration"

One of my favourite quotes, which i think applies to a variety of creative disiplines:

Start with an idea. Redo it. Rethink it. Research it. Redo it. Fine tune it. Kill yourself. F**k that! Better to start with a mistake and enjoy yourself.

6:28 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home