A place I go to waste time and put off actually WRITING movie scripts. Join me.

Sunday, January 29, 2006

If anyone still actually cares...

Look! You there! You were wrong!!!

You casually clicked me a little while ago, saw my blog in it's dormant state and just mentally tossed it into the "one-of-the-seven-million-blogs-that-never-get-updated" trashcan.

But I'm back!

Yes that's right. I must apologise to my avid readership (does three people, one of whom is me, count as a readership?) for the lack of activity on this page in the last while. Anyone who knows me knows that that last three months of the year are a virtual write-off for anything apart from working and this year gone has been no different. Add to that the month I spent in the UK with my lovely partner Amy and that should explain the slackness. Maybe I should have posted that before I left it so long.

Oh well. I hope you all (both) forgive me.

So, here's the plan. I am under deadline precisely at the moment so it may be a week or so before I get my thoughts in order. After that I plan to be back posting every Wednesday, with other non-Wednesday thoughts as and when the need arises. So do what you must; tell friends and family, get those "I love James" forum posts running hot and hail it from your nearest steeple.

And in response to the chorus of welcome I can hear ringing around this magical internet, "I'm very glad to be back!"

'Til next time,

J.

3 Comments:

Blogger Grubber said...

This second act is taking a long time! :)

9:28 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great to have you back but you still seem to be eluding your teachings of what a Premise is (refer to your blog 24th Sept 2005). Or have you shown us already?...

oooooohhhh. ahhhhhhh.

And if you haven't then I might get you going if that is O.K. with you. :)

I'm sure there are plenty of people out there interested so here we go!

The Premise for a film is the "situation". Usually describable in a sentence or two. It doesn't give you much about structure or character but it should be enough to convey the general concept of the story. If you were to separate particular characters and the plot you should still retain the Premise...

Over to you Jim!!

Write on dude!
Jay.

1:33 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes I am actually reading ur blog... You took so long to post a new one i actually caught up on the reading. Cya round James and look forward to ur up coming post.

10:58 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home